“The advance of technology is based on making it fit in so that you don't really even notice it, so it's part of everyday life.”
When it comes to selecting a Video Surveillance as a Service (VSaaS) solution, it is imperative to consider a variety of factors in order to ensure that your organization's security needs are being met. From live monitoring to video exporting, each feature plays a crucial role in ensuring that your organization has the necessary tools to safeguard both your property and personnel. In this article, we will delve into 15 criteria that should be taken into account when choosing a VSaaS solution.
- Live Monitoring - The ability to plug & play and live stream effortlessly. This feature allows for real-time viewing of footage from cameras, providing the ability to monitor activity as it unfolds and respond promptly to any incidents. Switching between resolutions, PTZ controls, and digital zooms are nice-to-have options.
- Forensic Search & Investigation - Facilitating the ability to search through recorded footage, enabling users to effortlessly locate and investigate specific incidents.
- Video Analytics - Built-in software practices that automatically generate annotations, giving context to events happening in the video, called the Metadata. The primary objective of incorporating video analytics into VSaaS is to automate your situational awareness. Advanced analytics capabilities such as object detection, facial recognition, and heat mapping, allowing for the identification of patterns, tracking of trends, and gaining insights from the video footage is a nice-to-have feature set.
- Mobile App - The number of smartphone users in the world today is 6.92 Billion, which translates to 86.41% of the world's population owning a smartphone. Getting push notifications or live stream feeds on your phone while you are away from your desktop is essential in choosing the perfect VSaaS.
- Live Cloud Storage - Having control over your cloud storage retention period has many added values; enabling you to access footage from any location with an internet connection.
- Video Exporting - Being able to export video clips in any format, making it easy to share with other parties or utilize for legal proceedings.
- Video Sharing - The ability to share video footage with other users, allowing for collaboration on investigations and sharing of information. Did you know ARCADIAN.AI has an end-to-end send invite capability?
- Video Privacy - This feature incorporates security measures to protect the privacy of the video footage and ensure that it can only be accessed by authorized users. Do you often wonder who has access to your videos or personal data? Ask the vendors the tough questions.
- Camera Management - This feature allows users to manage the cameras connected to the VSaaS solution, including adding, removing, configuring advanced camera setups, and troubleshooting via the interface.
- 3rd Party Camera Support - Wish to bring your own camera? We support more than 3,000 models.
- Health Monitoring - Knowing when cameras are failing to record, when your devices are tampered with, or when you are having a breach of data is an essential requirement for modern VSaaS.
- User Management - A suitable embedded permissions management module is essential for camera management. You must be able to control your workspace users with easy-to-use interfaces.
- SSO/2FA/MFA - Look for the industry's best practices when logging in to a new VSaaS.
- Video Latency - Video latency refers to the time it takes for a single video frame to transfer from the camera to your display. The shorter, the sweeter.
- Embedded Support - When choosing a new solution, look for easy ways to contact support. Good vendors must have a live chat, FAQ and guidelines on their services available for you.
In short, it is important to thoroughly research the features of different VSaaS solutions and to ask vendors the tough questions to ensure that the chosen solution meets your organization's specific security needs. Ultimately, selecting a VSaaS solution that offers a comprehensive set of features and can adapt to your evolving needs will help safeguard your property and personnel and ensure your organization's security and peace of mind.
ARCADIAN.AI rebuilds your experience with surveillance from ground up.
Exclusive Early Access