“Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless.” ― Thomas Edison
Surveillance technology has become a staple in modern society, with the increasing prevalence of cameras and monitoring devices in both public and private sectors. While the potential benefits of surveillance are undeniable, such as crime prevention and national security, the drawbacks of existing traditional surveillance monitoring tools and equipment are equally apparent.
In this blog post, we will delve into the various limitations of traditional Video Management Systems (VMS) surveillance monitoring tools and explore the potential consequences of these limitations on the integrity of the data collected, as well as the privacy and civil liberties of individuals.
One major limitation of traditional VMS surveillance systems is data loss due to natural disasters or man-made incidents such as robbery. These incidents can result in the destruction of surveillance equipment and the data stored on them, making it impossible to retrieve important footage that could be used for investigations or to prevent future incidents.
Here are a few more undeniable shortcomings of surveillance today:
- The cost of upgrading obsolete surveillance hardware as technology advances, especially for small and medium-sized businesses. This highlights the need for cost-effective and scalable solutions that can adapt to changing technology and business needs.
- Inaccuracies in automated processes used to analyze and interpret data, leading to errors and false positives.
- The tedious and time-consuming nature of monitoring video footage by human sight, leading to human error and fatigue.
- Vulnerabilities in data privacy and security due to cyber attacks on non-cloud traditional Network Video Recorders (NVR) and Digital Video Recorders (DVR). This highlights the need for robust security measures, such as encryption and regular software updates, to protect against cyber threats.
- And finally. traditional VMS systems also suffer from a lack of proactive surveillance, resulting in notifications only after an incident has occurred, leaving no room for preventative action.
Interested in never-having to face these problems again?
If you're looking to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of your surveillance system, transitioning to a cloud-native Video Surveillance as a Service (VSaaS) solution is the perfect choice. Did you know this could be done with zero downtime, and you get to keep all your existing physical security investments?
With the scalability of cloud-native VSaaS solutions, you can easily accommodate the growth of your business and add cameras and devices to your surveillance system without incurring significant costs.
Plus, with your surveillance data stored securely in the cloud, you'll never have to worry about data loss due to natural disasters or other man-made incidents again. And with advanced analytics and machine learning capabilities, you'll be able to improve the accuracy and effectiveness of your surveillance system like never before.
And last but not least, robust security features like encryption and regular software updates will ensure that your data is always safe and secure. ARCADIAN.AI rebuilds your experience with surveillance. Plug into the word of tomorrow.
Sign up for free early access.